Friday, April 18, 2008

Ecuador take 1

okay everyone, by popular demand I have a blog, yes a blog. The purpose of this blog is to fill you all in on my adventures, mishaps, and interesting experiences that happen to me during the next three months. Thanks to Trevor this blog is possible and I hope to keep it updated to fill y'all in on EVERYTHING!!! So look, read, and respond!!!

okay well lets get started on this thing.

April 17th

I got to Airport at 4: 30 in the morning and finally took off to Houston at 6:45. It was such a long day. after we got to Houston we had a 5 HOUR layover. Lets just say that I got to know the Houston Airport a little too well. The girls that I meet and that are staying with me the three months seem really nice. I hope we will all get along really well. So when it was finally time to board our plane you can imagine my excitement. Our plane ride to Quito was about 4 hours. Flying over Quito was so pretty. The lights from the city were so cool. It was at this point that it hit me, I'm in ECUADOR. We got our bags and got into a taxi and drove to the OSSO house. I was so tired by this time that my bed was all that I really wanted. I know, a real eventful day.

April 18th

Today was great. We got to sleep in and then had the older girls cook us breakfast. The view from my window is crazy. The mountains are so pretty. They are so green and lush, it makes me want to go hiking. All we really did today was get a tour of our three story house and go over orientation things. Nothing to great. I learned today how to make and fold cloth diapers and I have a morning shift tomorrow at 6:30. I get to go to the baby orphanage. I am really excited. Oh we had one of the babies come to the house today. She is so cute. her name is Ashley. She is visiting the house because today is her 2nd birthday. I got play with her this afternoon and she is so cute. It makes me really excited for tomorrow. We got a tour of the city tonight as well. Angel the OSSO director drives crazy, well so does everyone else. There seems to be no order to there traffic system, and if there is I am not aware of it at all. The pedestrians don't have the right of way here and so there are blue hearts that have been painted on the road where people have been hit and have died. I'll be sure to take a picture. Angel drives really fast. It was fun but scary at the same time. I was sure that we were going to get in an accident about 5 times. This place is really cool. There is tons of cool buildings and painted walls and such. I stand out so much here. People are so short, its funny. They all keep commenting on the fact that I am "mas alta" As we were walking back to our house tonight we had so guys in their cars yell, "guapas chicas" Its really funny the amount of attention that we get from the guys. Last night at the airport we got stared at so much. Its weird, freaky and funny.

Well till next time
peace love
ALEX

2 comments:

Trevor Christensen said...

U R such a Ecuadork.

iLL Bill said...

it's AN Ecuadork...
and you have Australian hair